For Sellers considering the sale of their home, the following selling tips will help yield a higher selling price and help your home sell quickly.
Important Selling Tips
1. De-Clutter. Your collections, family heirlooms and photo galleries stand in the way of selling your home. The more furnished and full your home is, the less a prospective Buyer can see themselves and their belongings in it. Your “stuff” becomes their focus and they will quickly move on. Start packing early, put away the collections and clear as much as possible from your home so Buyers can see the home and not your things.
2. Fix the little things. Take care of all deferred maintenance items – broken light fixtures, hinges, cabinet doors, window blinds, etc. If Buyers see little things that need repair, they’ll wonder about bigger things. Paint that door, wall or room. Clean thoroughly. Make your kitchen and bathrooms the best they can be. The more objections you eliminate, the faster you’ll sell your home.
3. Avoid large expenses. Don’t start costly remodeling to sell your home unless absolutely necessary. Repainting, remodeling kitchen/baths, extensive flooring replacement or similar projects rarely break even when selling a home. Plan to discount these items into the price, save the expense and make the property the best it can be. Carpet can be repaired, small items improved. If you can spend $100’s to gain $1,000’s it’s worth it. But spending $1000’s to gain $1,000’s rarely yields a profit.
4. Verify Square Footage. If the square footage of your home is a factor in its value, be prepared to verify it. If you have a recent appraisal (within a few years) there should be a measurement included. This will work. If not, we can have a professional appraiser measure your home for a nominal expense.
5. Consider an Inspection. If you are uncertain about the condition of your home or some of its operating systems, consider having a pre-emptive home inspection done to identify items that need repair. This could include structure, roof, air-conditioning (so important in Arizona!), plumbing and other. Chances are you’ll identify items that will come up in a Buyer’s inspection, so you can eliminate these concerns in advance.
6. Clean and Clear. Invest in a deep cleaning of your home prior to putting it on the market. If you have your home cleaned every week, great! You’re already there. If not, get it super-cleaned. Buyers like clean. Equally important is to clear and clean excess debris from the home, yard or garage. Guys, all that stuff you thought you might use someday, haul it off, sell it or get rid of it. It’s just as important to clear the outside as it is the inside.
7. Landscape/Pool Cleanup. Prior to putting your home on the market we’re going to take a full round of professional photos and videos for its marketing. Make sure the Pool is clear and clean, with all the equipment in good working order. Have the landscaping maintained, trimmed and mowed so it looks in top shape. These are areas where spending $100’s can potentially yield $1000’s.
These Seller Tips will help your home sell quickly and for thousands more!